Summer Camp Assistance Program for Shuniah Families and Recreation Groups
The Municipality of Shuniah has developed a program to encourage our youth to get outside and be active this season after months of adhering to COVID restrictions. It is our belief that camps, and recreation programs offer positive opportunities for children when it comes to mental health and well-being.
The funding has two streams of assistance:
- Eligible Shuniah Families may receive funding for children ages 4 to 13, to reduce the cost of day camps.
- Parent of child must be a Shuniah property owner.
- Child must be registered in a camp July, August, or September.
- Age determination is based on the actual age of child as of December 31, 2021.
- The maximum subsidy amount per child is $400 (can be used for a single week or multiple weeks of programming)
- Eligible Shuniah Recreation Groups, Associations and Organizations may receive funding to assist with the delivery of day camps and recreation activities, or special events geared toward Shuniah youth.
- Must provide recreation activities for youth within the Municipality.
- Programming must be for July, August, or September.
- Maximum funding amount is $2,000 per organization.
Interested families and organizations are required to submit applications to the municipal office or via email. Funding is first come first serve as limited funding is available.
Application deadline: Tuesday, September 7, 2021