Tutoring Assistance Program for Shuniah Families
The Municipality of Shuniah has developed a program to provide additional educational assistance to students who are struggling, and families looking for support.
- Eligible Shuniah Families may receive funding for children in grade K-12, to reduce the cost of outside tutoring programs.
- Parent of child must be a Shuniah property owner.
- The maximum subsidy amount per student is $50 per session per week to a maximum amount of $1,000.
- Funding at this time will only be for recognized organizations located within the Thunder Bay District or the school board.
- Funding will be available for tutoring services provided after October 1st, 2021.
- Proof of tutoring registration is required to be eligible.
Interested families are required to submit applications to the municipal office or via email. Funding is first come first serve as limited funding is available. Apply early!
See our website and/or contact the municipal office for application forms and details.